The globalAcetylene marketis forecast to reach USD 13.92 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Acetylene is commonly used for welding applications. A compound of acetylene, known as acetylene black, is used in dry cell batteries, and acetylene alcohol is used for vitamin synthesis. Major end-user industries of the market include metal fabrication, automotive, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and glass, among others. Acetylene, in both solid and liquid form, is extremely explosive. Thus, extreme care ought to be taken during the production of the product or while using it to produce chemicals and other products.
China is the largest manufacturer of acetylene. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing facilities and the increase in consumer consumption in China have transformed its society and economy. Rapid consolidation between large and medium players is anticipated as the Chinese government is encouraging industry consolidation to improve competitiveness in the world market. Increase in both export-oriented and domestic revenues are observed for the manufacturers of the existing market. However, challenges such as emphasis on high-quality products at low costs, and an increase in buyer bargaining power, are forcing significant changes in the supply chain.
Request Free Sample:https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2934
BASF SE, Gulf Cryo, The Linde Group, Asia Technical Gas, Air Liquide, Air Products and Chemicals, Praxair Technology, Chengdu Xinju Chemical Co. Ltd., Suzhou Jinhong Gas Co. Ltd., and Xinju Chemical Co. Ltd, among others.
Impact of COVID-19
The primary application of acetylene is in the metal industry, and the sector is facing a downward pressure on demand, production, and revenues as the pandemic of COVID-19 is growing. The manufacturers may experience a pullback in demand as the end-users of these products like oil and gas, engineering, and automotive's demand slackened. The persistence of the virus may lead metal manufacturers to face a cash-flow liquidity challenge and difficulties in managing debt obligations.
The acetylene industry may recover only if the end-users show an increase in demand, and the industry may pull out of recession depending on how robust and effective the government's policies are and how long the COVID-19 virus lasts.
Further key findings from the report suggest,
- Acetylene is commonly used for welding and cutting. When compared to all other gases, acetylene is capable of producing the hottest flame. It is also used in automotive part manufacturing as well as fabrication of other metal parts where accuracy is crucial.
- Calcium carbide and water are used to produce acetylene, which are, in turn, used in the lamps. Several hunters or canvas still use these lamps for terrain activities.
- The manufacture of acetylene gas release several greenhouse gases. The environmental hazards associated with it have been restraining the growth of the market and increasing the rate of substitution.
- Research and development activities to produce acetylene from renewable sources are expected to provide ample growth opportunities for the market.
- Asia Pacific leads the market for acetylene. China is the major contributor to the growth of the market in the region. The high demand is mainly due to the easy availability of raw materials and increasing urbanization. Expansion in the construction industry in the region is also augmenting market demand.
- BASF SE started building its world-scale production plant for acetylene at its Ludwigshafen site at the end of 2019. The plant is replacing the existing one, and the new facility is estimated to have a production capacity of 90,000 metric tons of acetylene per year. Around 20 production facilities at the Ludwigshafen site uses acetylene as a starting material for several products and value chains.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Acetylene market on the basis of type, applications, end use, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Dissolved Acetylene
- Acetylene Gas
Applications Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Metal Working
- Chemical Raw Materials
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- Metal Fabrication
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Ask For Discount:https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2934
Thank you for reading your report. We also provide modified reports as per requirement of the customer. Please feel free to contact us for any additional requirements. Our team will provide you personalized report.
Our in-house experts assist our clients with advice based on their proficiency in the market that helps them in creating a compendious database for the clients. Our team offers expert insights to clients to guide them through their business ventures. We put in rigorous efforts to keep our clientele satisfied and focus on fulfilling their demands to make sure that the end-product is what they desire. We excel in diverse fields of the market and with our services extending to competitive analysis, research and development analysis, and demand estimation among others, we can help you invest your funds in the most beneficial areas for research and development.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web:www.reportsanddata.com/
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370